Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mow the Lawn

I was first made aware of this spot by a friend of mine. I'll call him Steve.

This is convenient, because his name is Steve.

Steve was asked to review this spot for a monthly trade publication; I won't spoil the surprise by saying which one. But I read the review and I thought it was witty and funny and spot on.


OK, so you've watched the spot, and you get it. It's for a special razor women can use to groom their most special of special places.

Each lady's grooming style is represented by a bit of shrubbery, and there are several different coifs portrayed... the Landing Strip, the Patch, the Trimmed Natural. There's one glaring omission, though (no, not Brazilian, although that is noticeably absent).

When at least one woman passes by one of these shrubs, shouldn't all the leaves just fall off?

I mean, that's not an uncommon 'do, and it certainly is achievable with this product. So what gives? We know that plenty of women will be baring it all with this razor. Why be bold enough to construct this innuendo but too timid to follow it all the way through?

Same product, different country. Here's the commercial that airs in the UK...


Wow. Different vibe for sure. But what did you expect from the country that gave us Benny Hill?

There are some great lyrics in this song. A couple of my favorites...

"...all that's left for me to see are tulips on the mound..."


and of course...


"never feel untidy, just spruce up your Aphrodite..."


I also love how the furry cat in her lap at the beginning (get it... the
cat in her lap) is hairless by the end of the spot.

It would appear that in the UK, they are not afraid to let the leaves fall off the bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment