Thursday, July 16, 2009

Up On The Roof

I don't get out to as many parties as I used to... I guess I'm getting old, or maybe rushing home for the chance to see my kids before they go to bed holds a greater appeal for me these days. But every once in a while I like to show up somewhere for a couple of drinks and to see who's out and about.

So a few weeks ago I stopped by a little soiree at an edit/post company. Ran into some people I knew, had a few drinks and saw this out the window:



I don't know who this girl is, or how she got out there, or if she was even a guest at the party. But it had just begun to rain, and as I watched this unfold I was sure that she was going to slip off this roof and go straight down into the street. It was a bit like watching an ABC After School Special, where the good kid who's trying to fit in at the new school gets high on "the pot" and has a "bad trip". "Look at me Mom, I can fly, I can fly!!!"

Splat.

This would have been unfortunate for her, but would have made the party a very much talked about event. Eventually she climbed down, I suppose, because no police or paramedics ever showed up.

Remember kids, drugs kill. Stay off the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment