Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbye Farrah


Today, after a 3 year battle with cancer, Farrah Fawcett left us forever. In the words of her co-star Jaclyn Smith, "...now she has peace as she rests with the real angels."

Oh Farrah. In 1976 you were every 13 year old boy's dream. I had your iconic poster and am proud to admit that it hung prominently in my room forever. I can't begin to imagine the number of hours I spent simply gazing at you. By today's standards it was an extremely tame image... innocent, even. Just a casual snap of a beautiful blond woman with a 10,000 watt smile. The swimsuit wasn't very revealing. It didn't have to be. It was filled with you and that was simply...enough. You weren't bursting out of it, not enhanced or implanted or botoxed, just a sweet slice of Texas with an incredible blond mane. Often imitated, never duplicated.


I had never seen a creature quite like you. I was awed by your beauty and to those who said you couldn't act, well the hell with them. You acted wonderfully as far as I was concerned. It was a bit of a bummer that you were married, but you were married to the
Six Million Dollar Man! I mean come on, if you were going to be unavailable, who better to be unavailable with? It's like if Santa Claus was married to the Tooth Fairy.

Maybe you were a little typecast, maybe no one took you too seriously, maybe being Jill Munroe was a cross you had to bear for your entire career. But for a brief moment in time you were the ultimate fantasy for millions of young men, and that's got to be worth something, right? You were mine for a time, and now you are gone, so today I am a little sad.


Goodbye Farrah. I hope you do rest with the real angels for all eternity.

8 comments:

  1. sebastian stan is my sweet slice of romania

    ReplyDelete
  2. bucky barnes is my sweet slice of brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. howard is my sweet slice of pasadena

    ReplyDelete
  4. james maslow is my sweet slice of minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  5. casey is my sweet slice of long island

    ReplyDelete
  6. patrick is my sweet slice of greenwich

    ReplyDelete
  7. pierce is my sweet little aphrodite

    ReplyDelete
  8. rip james jabeom jr

    ReplyDelete