Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a twitchy git

Here's a UK spot for Oven Pride. It's the typical dumb dad scenario... the man appears to be a helpless tool who's not much good at anything, and his wife is glaring at him like, well like he's a helpless tool who's not much good at anything. Sometimes I get annoyed by this stereotypical portrayal of the dad, but in this case I've gotta side with the wife. Look at this guy. He is twitching and jerking and grinning like a monkey with Tourettes. No wonder his wife wants to smack him in his head. I want to smack him in his head. Is this is selling a lot of oven cleaner, do you think? Thanks AdFreak for this one!



In blessed and marked contrast, here's another UK ad that really gets it right. Completely different product, different budget, different target audience. I'm not comparing the two ads, I just think this one is really well written and produced. Although I'm not a gas fitter or a dish fitter, it does makes me want to storm the local saloon for a beer. AdRants, you rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment